- Smoother Safer Towing: Add bolt on air ride towing to your pickup & camper with a equalizer, weight-distribution hitch in minutes. (easily bolt your existing weight-distribution head to air equalizer).
- Absorbs Road Shock: Air equalizer absorbs the road shock & cushion the ride when towing a camper with a weight-distribution hitch
- Fits Pickup Trucks Only: This is designed for pulling with a Pickup Truck – it will not work with SUV/CUV’s with coil over springs in the rear.
- Air Ride Technology: Built in air bag + 4 bump cushions direct the road shock through the airbag. Air Equalizer is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Featuring a built in height adjustment plus weight adjustable. Just add or ride air depending on the weight of your trailer and it’s contents.
- Easy Installation: Fits & bolts to most major brands of weight-distribution hitch heads: Fastway E2, Equalizer, Reese, Husky, Pro Series, Torklift, Blue OX, Camco Eaz Lift & Curt round bar, Curt trutrack & trunnion head). Measure your head, the air equalizer fits heads that have 2-1/2″ center to center or 3-3/4″ center to center bolt hole patterns. (Does not work with Anderson chain style weight-distribution hitch)
- Adjustable & Heavy-Duty: 12,000 lbs towing & 1,200 lbs tongue weight capacity plus 7 or 9″ of Adjustment (5″ of rise to 2″ drop or choose 5″ rise to 4″ drop). Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- Simple Pivot Design: Uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a front and back motion, much different than other cushion hitches on the market.
- Provides Comfort: No more jarring every time you cross a section divider on a rough road or concrete highway. Absorbs the thumps and bumps.
- Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air equalizer hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between the trailer & receiver hitch.
- Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! Absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other damage to your equipment & cargo.
- Improves Safety & Control: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and camper. The air ride equalizer for a weight distribution system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
- Adds Life To Your Pickup & Camper: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride.
- Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes: Works great on GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Super Duty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier and Honda Ridgeline pickup trucks.
- Kit includes: Air Equalizer with built in airbag, XR Ball Mount Base frame and two “D” handled hitch pins w/clips. Upgrade to also includes a combo ball mount with 2″ hitch ball & 2 5/16″ hitch ball. Combo ball GTW rating is 20,000 lbs for 2-5/16″ ball and 10,000 lbs for 2″ ball.
- How to set the air? After you hook up wd bars, air the hitch until the truck side bump cushions are not compressed. If the trailer side bump cushions are compressed you have too much air in the bag. See video
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy-duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the hitch & ball rating, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Jamestown, ND. 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- Tons of Attachments for XR Ball Mount: We offer a wide variety of our ball mount attachments; standard mounts, drop ball mounts, clevis mounts, drawbar mounts, cushioned drawbar mounts, pintle hook attachments, raised mounts and combo multi-ball mounts that would with the XR ball mount base frame.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver your hitch tube size.
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. How to measure receiver hitch tube size?
Add instant air ride towing to your pickup & camper with an equalizer, weight-distribution hitch. The Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer™ for W-D hitches easily bolts to your existing weight distribution head. Bolt air ride in minutes. The air hitch for a load leveling hitch absorbs the road shock and cushions the chucking, tugs, and jerks you feel when towing a camper & pickup with a weight distribution system. Fits most major brands of weight-distribution hitches. This Shocker Air Equalizer has 12,000 lbs towing & 1,200 lbs tongue weight rating capacities and offers 7 or 9″ inches of adjustment up or down (+5″ rise to -2″ of drop or choose +5″ rise to -4″ of drop). Air Equalizer kit comes with Air Equalizer, XR ball mount base for a 2″, 2-1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch. It can also be ordered to include a combo ball mount with 2″ & 2-5/16″ balls to use with the XR ball mount when you’re not towing other trailers without weight distribution. The built-in air bag, along with the 4 bump cushions, direct the rock shock through the airbag, still allowing your weight-distribution hitch to work as intended, giving you a smoother and safer ride for you, your pickup, camper, and its contents. Plus the additional advantage of the Shocker Hitch for your weight distribution hitch is your ability to adjust air pressure up or down when your towing different weights for the best ride and load control. Featuring a premium textured black powder-coat finish on the air equalizer and a textured black powder-coat finish on the XR base frame ball mount. The optional combo drop ball mount features welded hitch balls for superior strength and the combo ball mount comes in a clear zinc plated finish. Fits Pickup Trucks Only: This is designed for pulling with a Pickup Truck – it will not work with SUVs/CUVs with coil-over springs in the rear. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Jamestown, ND.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning