- Smoother Safer Towing – Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock. Add instant air ride to your pickup & trailer.
- Built in Airbag: Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- 8 Adjustment holes – 2″ of rise to 8-1/2″ of drop – Depends on mount chosen. Adjustment for combo-ball mount is 1/2″ to 4-1/2″ drop.
- Safety Red Powder Coat Finish: Impact Resistant Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- 10+ Ball Options: Combo, Drop, Raised, Sway Bar Tab Options & More. Combo adjustable multi-ball mount has with 2″ hitch ball & 2 5/16″ hitch ball.
- 12,000 to 20,000 lbs GTW Capacity: Original 12,000 lbs towing capacity & 1,200 lbs tongue weight. HD: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight. (can vary by mount)
- Combo Ball Mount Tow Rating: 2-5/16″ ball rated at 16,000 lbs & 2″ ball rated at 8,000 lbs.
- Pintle Hook Rating: 10-Ton – 20,000 lbs.
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability
- Tons of Ball Mount Options: Huge selection of ball mount adapters available from Pintle hooks, draw bars, drawbar, clevis, drop ball mounts, raise ball mounts and more.
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz.
- Kit includes complete Shocker air receiver hitch base frame assembly with built in air bag & dual bump cushions, ball mount you choose and two d-handle ball mount hitch pins.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. Bolt on 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver hitch tube size?
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our video on how to know how much drop do I need?
Instant air ride for your pickup & trailer. Build your own Shocker Air Receiver Hitch and pick your adjustable drop ball mount. Add Air ride your bumper mount hitch and smooth out your towing. Pick your shocker air base frame receiver hitch with or without a ball mount. The built in airbag absorbs the road shock and cushions your ride and overall towing experience. Ultimately creating a smooth towing experience for your pickup, trailer and the contents. Shocker Air Hitch base frame includes everything except the ball mount attachment. Ball mount attachments are available include combo ball, drop mount, standard, clevis, cushioned drawbar, draw bar, standard adjustable, combo with sway bar tabs, drop with sway bar tabs and pintle hitch hook ball mounts. Choose 12K or 20K. Standard original air hitch is 12,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 1,200 lbs tongue weight. Shocker air provides the ultimate smooth ride. This shock absorbing hitch with air bag is the best cushioning device on the planet. The Shocker Air is a miniature air suspension unit mounted between your truck and trailer. This Shocker mounts by sliding into a standard receiver tube. Fits Pickup Trucks, Vans and Select SUV’s with the receiver hitch tube mounted underneath the bumper. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND.
The air bag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Great for pickup trucks.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
Choose from the Original Shocker Air and the Shocker HD. Original Shocker Air is rated at 12,000 lbs towing capacity and 1,200 lbs tongue weight. The Shocker HD is 20,000 lbs towing capacity and 2,000 lbs on tongue weight.
Air Ride Technology: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Featuring a built in height adjustment plus weight adjustable. Just add or ride air depending on the weight of your trailer and it’s contents.
Provide Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The air bag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker hitches. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning