- Air Ride Sway Control Towing Kit: Get Smoother Safer Towing. Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock. Add instant air ride to your pickup & trailer.
- Built in Airbag: Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- Sway Bar Tab Combo Ball: Sway control combo multi-ball mount with 2 sway control tabs for mounting the basic sway control arm bar(s) & mini balls.
- Friction Sway Control Bar Kit Options: Order with 1 Sway Arm Kit for use with Trailer up to 10K lbs. Order with 2 Sway Arm Kits for use with Trailers over 10K lbs.
- 8 Adjustment holes – Adjustment for combo-ball mount is 1/2″ to 4-1/2″ drop. Featuring 2″ & 2-5/16″ hitch ball.
- Safety Red Powder Coat Finish: Impact Resistant Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- 12,000 to 20,000 lbs GTW Capacity: Original 12,000 lbs towing capacity & 1,200 lbs tongue weight. HD: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight. (can vary by mount).
- Provide Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
- Combo Ball Mount Tow Rating: 2-5/16″ ball rated at 20,000 lbs & 2″ ball rated at 10,000 lbs.
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability
- Air Ride Sway Control Towing Kit includes: Complete Shocker air receiver hitch base frame assembly with built in air bag & dual bump cushions, combo ball mount with sway bar tabs and two d-handle ball mount hitch pins and 1 or 2 sway bar kits.
- A single sway control arm kit comes with the sway control friction arm assembly, 1 1-1/4″ trailer mounted mini ball, 1 1-1/4″ hitch mounted ball with a lock washer and nut for your sway control ball mount tab along with 4 metal lag screws and 2 retaining clips. This is great for travel camping trailers, heavy-duty trailers, race trailers, and toy haulers.
- 10+ Ball Mount Options: Huge selection of ball mount adapters available from drop, raised, pintle, pintle & ball, cushion draw bars, drawbar, clevis pin and sway tab options (sold separately).
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz. If you have a SUV or CUV check out our Cushion Hitches.
- Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
- Saves Money & Adds Life to Vehicle & Trailer: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
- Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
- Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The air bag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, hitch & ball rating, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. Bolt on 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- NOTE: This product will NOT work with a weight-distribution hitch system, if you have a w-d hitch, check out our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer for WD Hitches.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver your hitch tube size.
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
- NOTE: This product won’t work with a weight-distribution hitch, if you have a w-d hitch, see our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer.
Its time to reduce trailer sway and get the smoothest and safest towing around. This kit combines shocker Air Cushioning Hitch with 1 or 2 friction sway control kits providing you with the necessary tools for a shock free ride. Add instant air ride to your pickup and trailer the Shocker air bag hitch. This Shocker Air Hitch has a combo ball mount with sway bar tabs is made for the basic sway control arm / bars with mini hitch ball. The combo ball mount has both a 2″ hitch ball and a 2-5/16″ hitch ball along with mount tabs on both sides for the included sway control mini hitch balls. It also offers 8 adjustment holes for 1/2″ to 4-1/2″ drop. 12,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 1,200 lbs tongue weight. Shocker Hitch air provides the ultimate smooth ride. This shocker absorbing hitch is a air suspension unit mounted between your pickup truck and trailer. The built-in airbag cushions the ride and absorbs the road shock creating a smoother and safer towing experience. This Shocker air receiver hitch with sway bar ball mount, fits into a standard receiver hitch tube. This shock absorbing ball mount takes the bumps, jerks, tugs and roughness out of trailer towing and cushions your ride. The combo multi-ball mount features welded hitch balls for superior strength and the combo ball mount comes in a premium zinc plated finish. Cushions ride and works nicely to help tendency of trailer sway. Works great on compact, midsize and fullsize pickup trucks, vans and select suv’s that the receiver hitch is under the bumper. Have a CUV? Check out our Cushion Ball Mounts. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND.
If you are experiencing trailer sway while towing then this Sway control towing starter kit is perfect for you. Especially when towing larger trailers, you may experience trailer sway from wind, passing vehicles, rough & uneven road surfaces. This sway control arm kit system is made to prevent the trailer from swaying. We offer a sway control arm bar system kit that connects from the Shocker sway control ball mount part of the hitch to the front of the trailer. This sway control system is used to stiffen the connection between the truck and trailer, keeping it straight and in line with the towing vehicle.
You will want to use one (1) friction sway control arm kit when towing up to 10,000 pounds and/or 24′ trailers & when towing over 10,000 pounds and/or trailers longer than 24′, use two (2) friction sway control arm kits. A single sway control arm kit comes with the sway control friction arm assembly, 1 1-1/4″ trailer mounted mini ball, 1 1-1/4″ hitch mounted ball with lock washer and nut for your sway control ball mount tab along with 4 metal lag screws and 2 retaining clips. This is great for travel camping trailers, heavy duty trailers, race trailers and toy haulers.
The air bag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Fits standard 2″ receiver tube, 2 1/2″ and 3″ receivers.
Sway Bar combo ball mounts with sway control bar tabs is a solid one piece welded design and is fully zinc plated. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND.
Choose from the Original Shocker Air and the Shocker HD. Original is rated at 12,000 lbs towing capacity and 1,200 lbs tongue weight. The Shocker HD is 20,000 lbs towing capacity and 2,000 lbs on tongue weight.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning
30 foot travel trailer with 2021 Chevy Silverado Custom Trail Boss 1500 2 1/2 hr ride was really nice .
Looks to be an excellent product has not been field tested yes
Night and day difference towing my 24′ enclosed trailer. My trailer had a terrible sway issue with standard hitch, I installed/tested this shocker setup in sustained 25+ mph winds, and in my opinion it took out atleast 90% of the sway. Would definitely recommend!
Love my hitch. I use it everyday!!
This is the best hitch I have used. No more bouncing on the back of the truck. Nice and smooth thanks