- Air Ride Sway Control Towing: The air bag sits under receiver tube. Adjust the air pressure for the best ride and load control.
- Smoother Safer Towing: Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock.
- Built in HD Airbag: Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- Sway Tab Combo Ball Mount: 2″ and 2-5/16″ hitch ball zinc plated with 2 welded sway bar tabs for mounting the friction sway control arm bar(s), such as the Shocker friction sway bar control kit.
- 20,000 lbs Heavy Duty Capacity: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight.
- 8 Adjustment Holes: 8 Adjustment Holes for 1/2″ to 4-1/2″ of drop.
- Safety Red Powder Coat Finish: Impact Resistant Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- Friction Sway Control Bar Kit Options: Order with 1 Friction Sway Arm Kit for use with Trailer up to 10K lbs. Order with 2 Sway Arm Kits for use with Trailers over 10K lbs. (friction sway bars sold separately)
- Combo Ball Mount Tow Rating: 2-5/16″ ball rated at 20,000 lbs & 2″ ball rated at 10,000 lbs.
- Combo Ball Finish: Black Powder-coat or Silver Powder coat.
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability.
- Choose Your Receiver Size: Available for 2″, 2-1/2″ and 3″ receiver hitches.
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz.
- Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
- Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging, and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
- Saves Money & Adds Life To Your Vehicle: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations.
- Provides Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
- Air Ride Sway Hitch Includes: Shocker HD air base frame hitch assembly with built in HD airbag, adjustable combo dual ball mount (2″ & 2-5/16″ balls) with welded sway bar tabs and two d-handle ball mount pins with clips. Sway control friction bar assembly sold separately.
- Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The airbag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
- 10+ Ball Mount Options: Choose the ball mount that works best for you. We have dual ball, drop, raised, pintle hooks, combo multi-ball, clevis pin, dual ball with sway bar tabs, cushioned drawbar, drawbar and more. Combo balls are 2″ & 2-5/16″ welded design for maximum strength.
- Friction Sway Bar Options: The sway control tab mount is designed to work with the Shocker 17200 Friction Sway control kit which is not included and is available separately. Suggested to get 1 kit if towing under 10,000 lbs and 2 kits if towing over 10,000 lbs.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- NOTE: This product will not work with a weight-distribution hitch system, if you have a w-d hitch, check out our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer for WD Hitches.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver hitch tube size.
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
Add instant air ride & trailer towing sway control to your pickup and trailer. This Shocker HD Air Hitch has a combo ball mount with sway bar mounting tabs is made for mounting the friction sway control arm bars with a mini hitch ball. If you are doing heavy-duty trailer towing and trailer sway is an issue, this is the bumper hitch for you. The air ride system naturally reduces trailer sway. Plus the combo ball mount has both a 2″ hitch ball and a 2-5/16″ hitch ball along with sway bar mounting tabs on both sides making it easy to attach sway control arm bars to your towing setup. It’s made for heavy-duty trailer towing. It also offers 8 adjustment holes for 1/2″ to 4-1/2″ drop. 20,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 2,000 lbs tongue weight. Shocker Hitch Heavy-Duty air bumper hitch provides the ultimate smooth ride. This shocker-absorbing hitch is an air suspension towing hitch mounted between your pickup truck and trailer. The built-in 20k HD air spring bag cushions the ride and absorbs the road shock, bangs, bumps and trailer sway creating a smoother and safer towing experience. This heavy-duty Shocker air receiver hitch with a sway bar ball mount fits into a standard receiver hitch tube. This shock-absorbing air ride system takes the bumps, jerks, tugs, and roughness out of trailer towing and cushions your ride. The combo multi-ball mount features welded hitch balls for superior strength and the combo ball mount comes in a premium silver powder-coat or black powder-coat. Cushions ride and works nicely to help the tendency of trailer sway. Works great on compact, midsize, and full-size pickup trucks, vans, and select SUV’s that the receiver hitch is under the bumper. Have a CUV? Check out our Cushion Ball Mounts. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND.
The air ride system sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between the mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for the best ride and load control. Fits standard 2″ receiver tube, 2 1/2″ and 3″ receivers.
Sway Bar combo ball mounts with sway control bar tabs is a solid one-piece welded design and a powder coat finish.
Note: The sway control tab mount is designed to work with the Shocker Friction Sway control kit, which is not included and is available separately. Suggested to get 1 kit if towing under 10,000 lbs and 2 kits if towing over 10,000 lbs.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning