- Smoother Safer Towing: Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock.
- Built in HD Airbag: Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- Safety Red Powder Coat Finish: Impact Resistant Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- 8 Adjustment holes: Adjustment for combo-ball mount is 1/2″ to 4-1/2″ drop.
- Adjustable Combo Ball: Combo adjustable multi-ball mount has with 2″ hitch ball & 2 5/16″ hitch ball.
- 20,000 lbs Heavy Duty Capacity: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight. (can vary by mount)
- Combo Ball Mount Tow Rating: 2-5/16″ ball rated at 20,000 lbs & 2″ ball rated at 10,000 lbs.
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz.
- Air Ride Hitch: Helps eliminate tugs, thumps, jerks & bumps felt when towing on rough roads or concrete highways. Built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. No more jarring every time you cross a section divider.
- Shock Dampening Action: Effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
- Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The air bag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
- Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
- Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
- Adds Life To Your Vehicle: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations.
- 10+ Ball Mount Options (Sold Separately): Huge selection of ball mount attachments available from drawbar, clevis pin, drop ball mounts, raise ball mounts, combo ball, sway tab option attachments and more.
- Complete Kit Includes: Shocker HD air receiver hitch base frame assembly with built in 20K air bag & dual bump cushions, ball mount you choose and two d-handle ball mount hitch pins with clips.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it’s important you read and follow the tongue & tow weight recommendations of the truck it is mounted on, hitch & ball rating, the trailer coupler rating & the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. Bolt on 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- NOTE: This product will not work with a weight-distribution hitch system, if you have a w-d hitch, check out our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer for WD Hitches.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver hitch tube size?
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
The Shocker HD™ Air Bag Receiver Hitch with combo multi-ball mount with both a 2″ hitch ball and a 2-5/16″ hitch ball with a 1/2″ to 4-1/2″ Drop. Instantly add heavy-duty air ride towing for your pickup and trailer. This heavy-duty shock absorbing hitch & ball mount cushions the ride and takes the bumps and bangs out of towing. 20,000 lbs gtw rated Shocker HD bumper style air hitch provides the ultimate smooth ride when you’re towing. The Shocker Air is a miniature air suspension unit mounted between your truck and trailer. You can fine tune the air pressure for the weight of your trailer. This Shock absorbing air ride cushion hitch mounts by sliding into a standard receiver tube. Made for pickup trucks only. Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch. Upgrade to smooth, safer towing. This air hitch cushions the ride for you, your trailer and the trailer contents. Great for all around heavy-duty bumper hitch towing. Made by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. 20,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 2,000 lbs tongue weight.
The combo ball mount features welded hitch balls for superior strength and the combo ball mount comes in a clear zinc plated finish. By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker HD air hitches. Get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
The 20K air bag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control.
Quality Manufacturing: With the combo adjustable ball mount, the hitch balls are manufactured together – one piece construction for maximum strength and durability. Featuring a clear zinc finish for resistance to the elements.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning
This hitch is amazing, I can’t believe the ride is that much better.
I can’t believe the hitch made that big of a difference in the ride.
I have a shocker hitch for trailers on my 1/2 ton, I purchased the HD Air Hitch for heavier trailers on my HD pickup. The ride is so much smoother, I may want the lighter Air Ride hitch for 10-12k trailers.
WOW! What a difference! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a smoother ride while towing. I haul 8,000-10,000 regularly on a bumper pull and I couldn’t be happier with the SH-HD620-200. Definitely worth the money.
First off I have to say that the customer service department is excellent. They went above and beyond to resolve an issue I had when I received my hitch. Once I installed the hitch, I hooked up the trailer loaded up a piece of equipment and aired up the bag. Immediately I could tell a difference. Night and day. I highly recommend this hitch to anyone that does any towing on a regular basis.
Best hitch for comfort during towing! Second one I have purchased. First hitch 2 years old and no issues at all. Highly recommend. Worth the price.
It definitely softened the ride of our 34’ Winnebago Travel Trailer (about 9,500 lbs) that we tow behind our F350. I plan to purchase the pintle hitch to tow my tractor, tractor and trailer are about 15,000 lbs.
Levels up trailer nicely. Much better pulling experience. Softer ride.
Its a game changer it is a smooth smoother ride. There is no more bumping jerking all in all it’s just a very comfortable safe and secure tow
I regularly tow 6K-15K lb at least 3-4 days of the week, all year. I have a Shocker hitch on one truck but got one for the second truck recently b/c it really reduces the bumps and jarring (by about 50%) I experience on washboarded dirt roads. I’ll be getting the trailer Shocker soon once my dump trailer hitch fails, which it invariably will. I’ll probably be getting the gooseneck Shocker as well once I go down that rabbit hole. I highly recommend the Shocker!
Great Quality and it significantly reduces the towing motions of the trailer and hence a smooth ride for me. Awesome product! Thanks
I purchased the shocker hitch HD to eliminate the jerking motion as you come to stop. This hitch did just that. I have a PJ tilt deck trailer that I haul with most of the time. This hitch has made hauling much more comfortable on the harsh MN roads. I do like to run rock tamers when I haul. This is something I wish shocker hitch would have provided from the beginning. I did fabricate some brackets myself. Now the hitch is complete. Thanks shocker hitch for your outstanding work.
Works awesome takes away the harsh ride love it!
Super fast shipping and GREAT product! 10/10 would recommend!
I have used the hitch for about a week and noticed big difference in the ride of tow vehicle. Also, it can be adjusted if the trailer is empty or loaded.
Product is great! Wish they made one for Sway Control. Thanks, Bob!
I went with the hd air hitch and love it. I’m always pulling heavy trailers and this air hitch can simply be adjusted by adding air or letting air out to make the best ride possible. One of the bumper hitch trailers I tow is really heavy on the tongue and this hitch takes all the bucking and jerking out of this trailer.
These guys are very helpful and know what they are doing at shocker hitch. They shipped mine to me while I was at a Minnesota fair last year and I had it the very next day after ordering it and speaking with them over the phone. All my questions and concerns were answered.
Best hitch I’ve ever owned!!
I have brought and used shocker hitches for many years. Everyone of them (5 or 6 including a goose neck) are still in use and performing as new. I recently added the Heavy Duty version for a new F350 Super Duty and could not be more pleased. We regularly haul a fork lift to job sites and this required us to use a different hitch because the tongue weight was just to high for the standard hitch. The new hitch handled it with ease. I also can now have the adjustment in the ball height I needed to get the trailer level with the new higher trucks. Shocker always seems to be working on new products and Bob and the team are always helpful in explaining the new product capabilities.
Absolutely never haul a heavy hitch tow without one! This is my second one. It saves your trailer and vehicle from excessive movement, saves fuel and makes the tow safer.
I love my shocker hitch
Best hitch on the market! It does everything it says it will do. A very smooth ride.
I purchased the receiver hitch and I was amazed, I have a 22′ poontoon, dual wheel trailer with surge brakes. At 55 mph it would walk all over the road. With the shocker I traveled 70-75 on I 81 to Douglas lake and couldn’t tell the boat was behind me without looking in the mirror. Thanks, I know you say it may help with sway, well it did for me and I say great hitch.
It’s a refreshing change to purchase something and it exceeds your expectations. I used the Receiver Mount Shocker Hitch for the first time Friday when I moved my boat about 80 miles to the marina and I could not believe how much better it travels. You’ve got a great product and its well worth the money. Thanks.
We have a family farm business that requires us to pull many different trailers ranging from 12′ and just a few thousand pounds to 25+’ wide-load 14,000 pound+ loads. I have used many different types of hitches and load lever bars various attempts to ease the bounce and general rough rides associated with long, empty trailers. What opened our eyes to the Shocker hitches is about $6000 worth of damage to our RV trailer from pulling with a 1-ton truck and conventional weight distributing hitch. The rough ride destroyed the front frame of our Aerolite trailer (I would not recommend Aerolite trailers to anyone – turns out you can make a trailer too light!). I’m convinced this damage would not have occurred had I been using a Shocker hitch all along. After purchasing a unit (primarily for the RV), I began using it for all my farm towing needs. Eric and Bob were very helpful in supplying all the various adapters to pull all my trailers, and it has become an indispensable part of my farm! You will be amazed on how much the hitch improves the ride, and I can’t say enough about the quality, design and even the finish of the Shocker hitches. Please feel free to give my phone number out to prospective buyers it they would like to chat about my very positive experiences regarding your products and customer service!
Sedro Woolley, WA
I haul trailers from Indiana to Winnipeg 6 or 7 times a month. They range anywhere from 21 feet to 42 feet long and found that the Shocker Hitch can handle them all with just a slight adjustment of air. The hitch is an amazing unit and I would never go back to using a steel hitch. The difference it makes is hard to discribe untill you actually use one. I have found that with this hitch I can pull longer trailers without the use of equalizing bars by just adding air to the hitch.I have been using the hitch now for over two years and have found the ride and stability using it is truely amazing. I would reccomend this hitch to anyone pulling a trailer, once you have tried it, I don’t see you going back to a regular steel hitch.The interchangeable hitch applications are amazing just pull two pins and you can change the hitch application in seconds.One thing I have to say is the service they provide is fantastic. If you need something or have any questions they are there to help just pickup the phone or stop by like I did. They went over the hitch and explained how to use the hitch, not many companies I have ever delt with stop working and go one on one with a customer to go over their product.Oh, and by the way 8 or 9 of my friends also use the hitch and are totally happy with it, and they dont haul for a living, they use it for personnel use. Thanks again BOB and THE OTHER GUY .
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
In 2009 I purchased my 1st receiver hitch from ShockerHitch. I was executor of my Aunts Estate in Ft Worth Tx, and I live near Lubbock Tx, 6 hrs 1 way driving distance. I was pulling an enclosed 14 ft tandem trailer to haul estate “stuff” to various kinfolk. Needless to say the ride in the pickup was rough, when pulling the trailer with a regular ball hitch, to say the least. I purchased the Receiver Hitch, after seeing it advertised in Farm Show Magazine. My wife said, “You paid how much for a trailer hitch”. But after 1 hr of travel – pulling the trailer attached to the ShockerHitch – my tough critic became a believer, saying it was the best money I ever spent. She could do her NeedlePoint work, read, and relax without the constant banging, joshling, and rough riding caused by the trailer being pulled.
Christmas, 2010, I purchased 3 more receiver hitches for my 2 sons and 1 son in law. They already enjoyed the hitch, as they have borrowed mine when they had any serious, long hauling. To anyone who pulls a trailer and is tired of the constant banging, jarring ride, it will be money well spent to purchase a shockerhitch. Many things purchased today don’t work as advertised, this ShockerHitch works as good or better than its advertisement. It Works.
I purchased the Heavy duty receiver hitch to pull my 27′ RV and a 20′ trailer for work. This hitch has been great. Not only did it stop the shock in the road bumps it also eliminated the shock in the starting to roll and the stop of the truck. This was one feature i did not understand when i purchased the hitch. This has made our travel so enjoyable. Thank you very much for you design and customer service.