- Smoother Safer Towing: Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock. The air bag sits under receiver tube. Adjust the air pressure for the best ride and load control.
- Air Ride Drop Hitch with Sway Bar Tops. Built in HD airbag absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- Sway Tab Design: Drop ball mount with welded on sway control tabs for mounting the provided sway control arm bar(s) & mini balls such as the Shocker 17200 Friction Bar Sway Control Kit, which is not included and available separately. Suggested to get 1 kit if towing under 10,000 lbs and 2 kits if towing over 10,000 lbs.
- 8 Adjustment Holes & Drop Ball Mount: Drop mount with sway bar tabs with 4-1/2″ up to 8-1/2″ of drop, choose 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball.
- Safety Red Powder Coat Finish: Impact Resistant Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- 20,000 lbs Heavy Duty Capacity: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight.
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability.
- Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging, and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
- Choose Your Receiver Size: Available for 2″, 2-1/2″ and 3″ receiver hitches.
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz.
- Air Hitch Comes Complete with Shocker HD air base frame assembly with built in HD airbag, adjustable drop ball mount (2″ or 2-5/16″ ball) with sway bar tabs, two d-handle ball mount pins.
- Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
- Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The airbag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
- Saves Money & Adds Life To Vehicle: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long-term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
- Provides Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
- Note: The drop hitch sway control tab mount is designed to work with the Shocker 17200 or Reese 83660 friction sway control kit, which are not included and are available separately. Suggested to get 1 kit if towing under 10,000 lbs and 2 kits if towing over 10,000 lbs.
- 10+ Ball Mount Options: (Sold Separately): Huge selection of ball mount adapters available from combo ball, pintle hook, pintle & ball, cushion draw bars, drawbar, clevis pin, drop ball mounts, raise ball mounts and more.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- NOTE: This product will not work with a weight-distribution hitch system, if you have a w-d hitch, check out our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer for WD Hitches.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver hitch tube size?
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
This Shocker HD™ air drop hitch with sway control tabs for friction sway bars is great for taller than stock pickup trucks towing trailers. This Shocker HD drop air hitch adds instant air ride towing to your pickup and trailer. The drop ball mount has sway bar tabs on both sides for basic friction sway control arm bars with the mini hitch ball. The Shocker heavy-duty air suspension towing receiver hitch with adjustable drop ball mount with sway bar tabs comes with a 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball with a 4-1/2″ to 8-1/2″ Drop. It’s heavy-duty with 20,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 2,000 lbs tongue weight. The built-in HD air spring bag cushions the hitch and absorbs the bumps, jerks, tugs and road shock with you are towing. Shocker air with drop hitch provides the ultimate smooth ride for taller pickups that have leveling or lift kits installed or if you are towing a camper with a taller tongue. The Shocker HD Air is a miniature air suspension unit mounted between your truck and trailer. This Shocker mounts by sliding into a standard receiver tube. This shock absorbing hitch is a must-have for smoother trailer towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. Available for 2″, 2-1/2″ & 3″ receivers.
The HD air ride system sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between the mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for the best ride and load control. Plus the drop range is great for higher than stock pickup trucks.
Note: The sway control tab mount is designed to work with the Shocker 17200 Friction Bar Sway Control Kit, which is not included and available separately. Suggested to get 1 kit if towing under 10,000 lbs and 2 kits if towing over 10,000 lbs.
This works on pickups, vans, and SUV’s that have the receiver tube below the bumper. If you have a CUV, check out our Shocker Cushion Ball Mounts
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning