- Smoother Safer Towing: Improves your ride, reduces wear & tear on pickup & trailer made by Load Trail / Max Trailers.
- Easy Install: Completely replaces your factory gooseneck stem & coupler with Gooseneck Surge Air System & Coupler. Installs in Minutes.
- Absorbs Road Shock: Helps eliminate tugs, jerks & bumps felt when towing on rough roads or concrete highways.
- 30,000 lbs to 40,000 lbs GTW & 7,000 lbs tongue weight: Available with 30k dual latching Shift Lock gooseneck coupler. (6,000 lbs tongue weight on 9″ offset). 2-5/16″ coupler has 30,000 lbs GTW and 3″ coupler has 40,000 lbs GTW.
- Air Ride Technology: Protects your truck, gooseneck trailer and the contents with a smoother, safer tow. Heavy loads, just add air depending on the weight of your Load Trail trailer and it’s contents.
- Built in Airbag: This hitch directs the tow resistance through an airbag, producing a smooth ride. The cure for choppy, bouncy, buckled, rough & busted up roads. No more booms, bangs and jerks when towing with your gooseneck.
- Saves Fuel: By using a gooseneck Surge Hitch, you may save as much as one mile per gallon. When we developed the Surge Hitch our intention was to give a smoother ride, period. We perfected that and never considered the other benefits. Customers using the hitch started calling with reports of better fuel mileage. Claims of up to a mile per gallon are pretty normal.
- Adjustable for Tow Weight: The air bag sits behind your gooseneck hitch and out of the way. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. View our Shocker PSI Air Pressure tuning guide.
- Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The Gooseneck surge air hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
- Simple Pivot Design: Uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a front and back motion, much different than other cushion hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for parallel linkages, shock absorbers, torsion arms and other over engineered gadgets.
- Adds Life To Your Vehicle & Gooseneck: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations.
- Shift Lock™ Coupler: Patented gooseneck coupler. The only gooseneck coupler that captures ball on both sides. At a glance, you can see if the coupler is locked on the ball. Easy to use handle to hook up and disconnect the coupler from the ball.
- Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection.
- Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment.
- Provides Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps, bumps and jerks you feel when towing your gooseneck trailer.
- STEM SELECTION: Most load trail have inner tube round stems that are 100mm (3-15/16″) with angled holes. HOWEVER, some 2021 models are 4″ round with straight pin holes. If you are not sure what to order, please call. They also have limited 4.5″ Square stems.
- Choose for 2-5/16″ or 3″ gooseneck ball: & has 3 height adjustment holes. (Standard coupler extends 3″ forward from your factory coupler or choose 9″ extension for short bed pickups). 2-5/16″ coupler has 30,000 lbs GTW and 3″ coupler has 40,000 lbs GTW.
- Includes complete Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch with built in airbag, replacement inner tube stem & Shift Lock™ gooseneck coupler. Choose for 2-5/16″ or 3″ ball.
- Have a different trailer brand? Click this link to Find Your Gooseneck Surge Air Hitches by Trailer Mfg
Round Tube Pin & Sizing Guide
The air ride Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch & coupler is the ultimate in gooseneck trailer towing for your Load Trail, also called Load Max gooseneck flatbed, flat deck, tilt or dump trailer. Featuring the patented Shift Lock™ gooseneck air coupler for 2-5/16″ or 3″ ball. Get 30,000 lbs to 40,000 lbs GTW, depending on options chosen. The built in air bag cushions the ride and absorbing the road shock creating a smooth, safer towing experience. It make it way easier on you, your pickup, trailer and it’s load. This shock absorbing hitch fits the Load Max or Load Trail Trailer dump or flatbed gooseneck trailers. A Load Trail gooseneck trailer with the round stem has set bolts for 20-30 degree pin angle. The Gooseneck Surge air hitch is the only air ride hitch to exclusively work in a forward and back motion, which is often times this is the biggest jerk you feel when towing gooseneck trailers. Whether you occasionally tow or are a hotshot trucking company, the road shock absorbing gooseneck hitch will really change the game. Made specifically for a Load Max Load Trail gooseneck trailers. Works great on gooseneck style end dumps, flatbed, tilting trailers and more. Completely replaces your factory gooseneck stem & coupler with the Gooseneck Surge Air system & coupler. Installs in minutes.
Note: Most Load Trail gooseneck trailers have round stems that are 100mm (3-15/16″) with angled pins holes, HOWEVER in 2021 some models are 4″ round with straight pin holes. The Shocker gooseneck surge air hitch has slotted / angled holes for the pin and attaches easily to those stems. Replacement inner tube stem has 3 adjustment holes and the coupler extends 3″ forward from factory location or you can also order it with a 9″ offset coupler for short bed pickup trucks.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning