- Safer Smoother Towing: Improves your ride, reduces wear & tear on pickup & trailer. Air Ride Technology with built-in air ride system for a smoother towing experience. Just add air depending on the weight of your trailer and its’ contents. An air ride system is simply the best cushion device on the planet.
- Easy Install: Completely replaces your factory gooseneck stem & coupler with Gooseneck Surge Air System & Coupler. Installs in Minutes.
- Absorbs Road Shock: Helps eliminate tugs, jerks & bumps felt when towing on rough roads or concrete highways.
- Adjustable for Tow Weight: The air ride system sits behind your gooseneck hitch and out of the way. You will find the advantage of the Gooseneck Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. View our Shocker PSI Air Pressure tuning guide. Heavy loads, just add air.
- Shock Dampening & Absorbing Action: Effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging, bumps and damaging forces experienced when towing on rough roads & concrete highway with a typical hard connection.
- 30,000 lbs to 40,000 lbs Tow & up to 8,000 lbs tongue weight: Patented dual latching Shift Lock™ coupler for 2-5/16″ or 3″ gooseneck ball. (6,000 lbs tongue weight on 9″ offset and 7,000 lbs TW standard air hitch). 30,000 lbs GTW for round stems and up to 40,000 lbs GTW for square stem options.
- Choose for 2-5/16″ or 3″ gooseneck hitch balls: & has 3 height adjustment holes. (Standard coupler extends 3″ forward from your factory coupler or choose 9″ extension for short bed pickups). 2-5/16″ coupler is rated at 30,000 lbs GTW and 3″ coupler is rated at 40,000 lbs GTW & 8,000 lbs tongue weight.
- Dual Latching Shift Lock™ Coupler: Patented gooseneck coupler. The only gooseneck coupler that captures ball on both sides. At a glance, you can see if the coupler is locked on the ball. Easy to use handle to hook up and disconnect the coupler from the ball. Patent #’s 11,370,257 B1 & D898,628.
- Simple Pivot Design: Uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a front and back motion, much different than other cushion hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for parallel linkages, shock absorbers, torsion arms and other over engineered gadgets.
- Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The Gooseneck surge air hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
- Adds Life To Your Vehicle & Gooseneck: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker hitches. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
- Saves Fuel: Customers using the gooseneck air hitch report saving one mile or more per gallon.
- Choose Square or Round Stem: Big Tex gooseneck trailer have 100mm (3-15/16″) round with angled pin holes or 100mm (3-15/16″) square stems with top crank as well has 4″ square with straight pin holes.
- Not sure what size round gooseneck stem you have? Check out our gooseneck stem selection guide.
- Includes complete Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch with built in airbag, replacement inner tube stem & Shift Lock™ gooseneck coupler. Choose for 2-5/16″ or 3″ ball.
- Not Sure What You Need To Order? Order by Trailer Manufacture. Click this link to Find Your Gooseneck Surge Air Hitches by Trailer Mfg.
Bolt on Air ride upgrade for your Big Tex gooseneck trailer. The air ride Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch & coupler is the ultimate in gooseneck trailer towing for your Big Tex gooseneck flatbed, flatdeck or dump trailer. This get smoother towing with this shock absorbing cushion hitch. It is the only air ride hitch to exclusively work in a forward and back motion, which is often times this is the biggest jerk you feel when towing gooseneck trailers. The built in air ride system filters the road shock through the air ride system creating a smoother, safer towing experience for you, your pickup, your trailer & contents. Featuring the patented Shift Lock™ coupler for 2-5/16″ or 3″ hitch ball and this gooseneck air hitches shock absorbing design for a Big Tex gooseneck trailer creates a smooth and safe towing experience whether you occasionally tow or are a hotshot driver towing across the country. Available with 30,000 lbs GTW for round stems options and up to 40,000 lbs GTW for square stem options. Works great on gooseneck style end dumps, flatbed, horse trailers and more. . Completely replaces your factory stem & coupler with the Gooseneck Surge Air system & coupler. Installs in minutes. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA
Note: Big Tex gooseneck trailer have 100mm (3-15/16″) round with angled pin or 100mm (3-15/16″) square stems with top crank as well has 4″ square with straight pin holes. The square gooseneck stem has a crank on top. The Gooseneck surge air hitch attaches easily to those stems. Replacement stem has 3 adjustment holes and the coupler extends 3″ forward from factory location or you can also order it 9″ forward for short bed pickup trucks. A Big Tex gooseneck trailer with round stem has set bolts for centered and angled holes. The Big Tex gooseneck with square stem fits the crank style jack
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning