- Air Ride Sway Control Towing Kit: Smoother Safer Towing: Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock. The air bag sits under receiver tube. Adjust the air pressure for the best ride and load control.
- Built in HD Airbag: Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- Friction Sway Control Bar Kit Options: Order with 1 Sway Arm Kit for use with Trailer up to 10K lbs. Order with 2 Sway Arm Kits for use with Trailers over 10K lbs.
- Sway Tab Combo Ball: 1 piece welded design 2″ & 2-5/16″ combo ball with 2 sway control tabs for mounting the provided sway control arm bar(s) & mini balls
- Adjustable Design: 8 Adjustment Holes for 1/2″ to 4-1/2″ of drop.
- Matte Black Finish: Max Black™ Textured Matte Black Impact Resistant Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- 20,000 lbs Heavy Duty Capacity: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight.
- Combo Ball Mount Tow Rating: 2-5/16″ ball rated at 20,000 lbs & 2″ ball rated at 10,000 lbs.
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability.
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz.
- Air Ride Sway Towing Kit Comes Complete: with Shocker HD max black air base frame assembly with built in HD airbag, adjustable combo dual ball mount (2″ & 2-5/16″ balls) with sway bar tabs and two d-handle ball mount pins. Along with 1 or 2 friction sway bar kits.
- Saves Money & Adds Life to Pickup & Trailer: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
- Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
- Provide Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
- Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
- A single sway control arm kit comes with the sway control friction arm assembly, 1 1-1/4″ trailer mounted mini ball, 1 1-1/4″ hitch mounted ball with a lock washer and nut for your sway control ball mount tab along with 4 metal lag screws and 2 retaining clips. This is great for travel camping trailers, heavy-duty trailers, race trailers, and toy haulers.
- Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The air bag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
- 10+ Ball Mount Options (Sold Separately): Huge selection of ball mount adapters available from cushion draw bars, drawbar, clevis pin, pintle, pintle with ball, drop ball mounts, raise ball mounts, sway tab options and more.
- NOTE: This product will not work with a weight-distribution hitch system, if you have a w-d hitch, check out our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. Bolt on 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / Bolt on 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver hitch tube size.
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
Its time to reduce trailer sway and get the smoothest and safest towing around. This kit combines the new Shocker Max Black HD Air Cushioning Hitch with 1 or 2 friction sway control kits providing you with the necessary tools for a shock free ride. Add instant air ride to your pickup and trailer the Shocker air bag hitch. This Shocker Max Black Air Hitch has a combo ball mount with sway bar tabs is made for the basic sway control arm / bars with mini hitch ball. The combo ball mount has both a 2″ hitch ball and a 2-5/16″ hitch ball along with mount tabs on both sides for the included sway control mini hitch balls. It also offers 8 adjustment holes for 1/2″ to 4-1/2″ drop. 20,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 2,000 lbs tongue weight. Shocker Hitch air provides the ultimate smooth ride. This shocker absorbing hitch is a air suspension unit mounted between your pickup truck and trailer. The built-in airbag cushions the ride and absorbs the road shock creating a smoother and safer towing experience. This Shocker Max black air receiver hitch with sway bar ball mount, fits into a standard receiver hitch tube. This shock absorbing ball mount takes the bumps, jerks, tugs and roughness out of trailer towing and cushions your ride. The combo multi-ball mount features welded hitch balls for superior strength and the combo ball mount comes in a premium powder coat finish. Cushions ride and works nicely to help tendency of trailer sway. Works great on compact, midsize and fullsize pickup trucks, vans and select suv’s that the receiver hitch is under the bumper. Have a CUV? Check out our Cushion Ball Mounts. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND.
If you are experiencing trailer sway while towing then this Sway control towing starter kit is perfect for you. Especially when towing larger trailers, you may experience trailer sway from wind, passing vehicles, rough & uneven road surfaces. This sway control arm kit system is made to prevent the trailer from swaying. We offer a sway control arm bar system kit that connects from the Shocker sway control ball mount part of the hitch to the front of the trailer. This sway control system is used to stiffen the connection between the truck and trailer, keeping it straight and in line with the towing vehicle.
You will want to use one (1) friction sway control arm kit when towing up to 10,000 pounds and/or 24′ trailers & when towing over 10,000 pounds and/or trailers longer than 24′, use two (2) friction sway control arm kits. This is great for travel camping trailers, heavy duty trailers, race trailers and toy haulers.
The air bag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Fits standard 2″ receiver tube, 2 1/2″ and 3″ receivers.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning