View our installation guides, installation video and gooseneck surge air pressure guide.
Gooseneck Surge Installation Video
Download Installation Guide
Shocker Gooseneck Surge & Gooseneck Surge Air Hitch & Coupler Installation Manual
Maximum weights for Shocker Gooseneck Surge Air Hitch & Coupler with 2-5/16″ Coupler: Tow Capacity is 30,000 lbs for Shift Lock Coupler – 7,000 lbs tongue weight. Note: The Shocker QuickAir 5th to Gooseneck is 24,000 lbs GTW & 6,000 lbs tongue weight.
Maximum weights for Shocker Surge 40K with 3″ Coupler: Towing capacity = 40,000 lbs Tongue = 7,000 lbs | Tow Capacity is 30,000 lbs for Shift Lock Coupler – 7,000 lbs tongue
Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit, however it is imperative that any weight capacity ratings are not exceeded on the ball that is mounted on your tow vehicle, or the Shocker Hitch. Use only a 2 5/16″ dia. Ball for 2-5/16″ and use 3″ ball for 3″ coupler. V-19 rated. Do not exceed G.V.W.R. of ball being used.
- Take a vertical measurement from bottom of ball coupler tube to bottom of trailer frame sleeve. This dimension will be used to set the Shocker Gooseneck Surge Trailer Hitch
- Remove pins or loosen locking bolts on trailer frame sleeve, and remove existing coupler tube.
- Slide Gooseneck Surge Shocker Hitch insert tube into trailer frame sleeve with air bag toward rear of trailer.
- Hold or support Shocker at vertical measurement noted in Step #1. This should duplicate the previous ride height of the trailer. Shockerhitch must be properly aligned, (parallel with trailer), to maximize its benefits.
Note: If your trailer coupler tube is equipped with a pin or pins, the correct pin location must be marked in the Shockerhitch insert tube and have a qualified machine shop drill / machine the pin holes.
- Torque locking bolts to your trailer manufacturers’ recommended specifications. A spacer kit is available for some applications.
- Lubricate: Oil the coupler shaft, grease coupling ball socket, and grease the hitch ball to REDUCE WEAR AND IMPROVE SHOCKER ACTION. Main pivot grease zerk should be greased periodically for maximum bushing life. ( Simply, you cannot over grease it! )
- Hook up trailer by simply lowering coupler onto the ball. (Handle will snap open & shut automatically). To release trailer: Pull handle up and hold while raising trailer.
Gooseneck Surge Air Hitch Air Pressure Setting:
- This is a LOW PRESSURE hitch, that works by tow resistance.
- Set air pressure at approx. 15 psi, then test drive.
- Increase pressure in 5 psi increments until optimum results are found.
- Typical gooseneck air pressure range is 15 – 25 psi.
- Do NOT EXCEED 100 psi.
Note: When towing heavy trailers or trailers with high wind resistance it may be necessary to increase air pressure in the Shocker.
Maximum Pressure: Do not exceed 100 psi in the air bag, as it may damage the air bag.
We want you to have the best possible towing experience with your product and proper installation is important. If you need help, we are here for you. Just give us a call at 701-707-2666 or use our contact us form. You can also look up the items product page on our website and view the installation tab. Most products on our website have a set-up guide and installation video.
We’re here to help. Contact Us
Flatbed Recessed Gooseneck Ball Fitment Guide
Shocker Shift Lock Gooseneck Coupler Lock KitProduct on saleFrom: $250.00
Shocker 40K Gooseneck Surge Air Hitch & Shift Lock Coupler for 3″ BallProduct on saleFrom: $1,399.99
Shocker Gooseneck Air Hitch & Coupler for Horizon TrailersProduct on saleFrom: $1,249.99
Shocker 40K Gooseneck Surge Air Hitch with King PinProduct on saleFrom: $1,449.99
Shocker Quick Air Gooseneck Hitch & Coupler for 5th Wheel Gooseneck Pin BoxProduct on saleFrom: $1,049.99
Shocker Gooseneck Air Hitch & Coupler for HD Brand TrailersProduct on saleFrom: $1,249.99
Shocker 30K Gooseneck Surge Air Hitch with King PinProduct on saleFrom: $1,399.99
Shocker Quick Air 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Pin Box Replacement OnlyProduct on saleFrom: $649.99
Shocker Gooseneck Air Hitch & 9″ Extension Coupler for 2-5/16″ BallProduct on saleFrom: $1,299.99