- Smoother Safer Towing: Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock. The air bag sits under receiver tube. Adjust the air pressure for the best ride and load control.
- Built in HD Airbag: Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- 8 Adjustment Holes: 8 Adjustment Holes for 2″ rise to 8-1/2″ of drop. (varies by ball mount used)
- Matte Black Finish: Max Black™ Textured Matte Black Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- 20,000 lbs Heavy Duty Capacity: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight.
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2-1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability.
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz.
- Comes complete with Shocker HD air base frame assembly with built in HD airbag and two d-handle ball mount pins.
- 10+ Ball Mount Options (Sold Separately): Huge selection of ball mount adapters available from Pintle hooks, draw bars, drawbar, clevis, drop ball mounts, raise ball mounts and more.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. Bolt on 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / Bolt on 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- NOTE: This product will not work with a weight-distribution hitch system, if you have a w-d hitch, check out our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver hitch tube size.
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
- Mount Drop & Rise + Tow Rating Guide
– Combo Ball: 0″ Rise to 4.5″ Drop | 2-5/16″ ball rated at 20,000 lbs & 2″ ball rated at 10,000 lbs.
– Drop Ball: 4.5″ to 8.5″ Drop | 2-5/16″ ball rated at 20,000 lbs & 2″ ball rated at 10,000 lbs.
– Raised Ball: 2″ Rise to 2″ Drop | 2-5/16″ ball rated at 20,000 lbs & 2″ ball rated at 10,000 lbs.
– Pintle Hook: 2.5″ Rise to 6.5″ Drop | 10-Ton 20,000 lbs.
– Pintle & Ball: 2.5″ Rise to 6.5″ Drop | 8-Ton 16,000 lbs. (2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs).
– Drawbar: 0″ Rise to 4.5″ Drop | 20,000 lbs.
– Clevis Mount: 3.5″ Drop to 5.5″ Drop | 20,000 lbs.
– Sway Bar Mounts: Same Rating as Like Type Mount Listing Above.
The Shocker Max Black HD Air Bag Receiver Hitch base frame only. Includes everything except the ball mount attachment. Comes complete with 20K Shocker Max Black HD base frame assembly with built-in HD airbag & 2 d-handle ball mount pins with clips. (No ball mount attachment included). 10+ ball mount attachments available & sold separately. The heavy-duty air spring can handle HD trailer towing with 20,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 2,000 lbs tongue weight. Shocker HD Air provides the ultimate smooth ride. The Shocker HD Air is a miniature air suspension towing hitch mounted between your truck and trailer giving you safer and smoother towing on you, your tow vehicle, trailer and contents. This Shocker mounts by sliding into a standard receiver tube. Available ball mount attachments include combo ball, drop, raised, cushion draw bar, pintle hook, pintle & ball, clevis pin along with ball mounts with sway control tabs, which are sold separately.
The air spring bag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Fits standard 2″ receiver tube, 2 1/2″ and 3″ receivers.
The Shocker Max Black HD air base frame has a 20,000 lbs towing capacity and 2,000 lbs on tongue weight. Your rating may change depending on the ball mount used.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker HD air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple airbags common to other air hitches.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The air bag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Air Ride Hitch: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Featuring a built in height adjustment plus weight adjustable. Just add or ride air depending on the weight of your trailer and it’s contents.
Provide Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker hitches. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning