- Smother Safer Towing: Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock.
- Built in HD Airbag: Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- 8 Adjustment holes – 2″ of rise to 8-1/2″ of drop – Depends on mount chosen. Adjustment for combo-ball mount is 1/2″ to 4-1/2″ drop.
- Matte Black Finish: Max Black™ Textured Matte Black Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- 10+ Ball Options: Combo, Drop, Raised, Sway Bar Tab Options, Pintle, Drawbar, Clevis Pin & More. Combo adjustable multi-ball mount has with 2″ hitch ball & 2 5/16″ hitch ball.
- 20,000 lbs Heavy Duty Capacity: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight. (can vary by mount)
- Combo Ball Mount Tow Rating: 2-5/16″ ball rated at 20,000 lbs & 2″ ball rated at 10,000 lbs.
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz.
- Air Ride Hitch: Helps eliminate tugs, thumps, jerks & bumps felt when towing on rough roads or concrete highways. Built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. No more jarring every time you cross a section divider.
- Shock Dampening Action: Effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
- Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The air bag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
- Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
- Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
- Adds Life To Your Vehicle: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations.
- 10+ Ball Mount Options (Sold Separately): Huge selection of ball mount attachments available from drawbar, clevis pin, drop ball mounts, raise ball mounts, combo ball, sway tab option attachments and more.
- Complete Kit Includes: Shocker HD Max Black receiver hitch base frame assembly with built in 20K air bag & dual bump cushions, ball mount you choose and two d-handle ball mount hitch pins.
- HD Air Hitch Mount Drop & Rise + Tow Rating Guide
– Combo Ball: 0″ Rise to 4.5″ Drop | 2-5/16″ ball rated at 20,000 lbs & 2″ ball rated at 10,000 lbs.
– Drop Ball: 4.5″ to 8.5″ Drop | 2-5/16″ ball rated at 20,000 lbs & 2″ ball rated at 10,000 lbs.
– Raised Ball: 2″ Rise to 2″ Drop | 2-5/16″ ball rated at 20,000 lbs & 2″ ball rated at 10,000 lbs.
– Pintle Hook: 2.5″ Rise to 6.5″ Drop | 10-Ton 20,000 lbs.
– Pintle & Ball: 2.5″ Rise to 6.5″ Drop | 8-Ton 16,000 lbs. (2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs).
– Drawbar: 0″ Rise to 4.5″ Drop | 20,000 lbs.
– Clevis Mount: 3.5″ Drop to 5.5″ Drop | 20,000 lbs.
– Sway Bar Mounts: Same Rating as Like Type Mount Listing Above.
- Safety Notice: The Max Black HD Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it’s important you read and follow the tongue & tow weight recommendations of the truck it is mounted on, hitch & ball rating, the trailer coupler rating & the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. Bolt on 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- NOTE: This product will not work with a weight-distribution hitch system, if you have a w-d hitch, check out our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer for WD Hitches.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver hitch tube size?
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
Instant air ride for your pickup & trailer. Build your own Shocker HD Max Black Air Bumper Hitch and pick your adjustable drop ball mount. Add Air ride to your bumper mount hitch and smooth out your towing. Max Black HD air hitch features a premium grade, impact resistant textured matte black finish. Choose from over 10+ ball mount attachment options. The built in airbag absorbs the road shock and cushions your ride and overall towing experience. This gives you a smooth towing experience for your pickup, trailer and the contents. Shocker MaxBlack HD Air Hitch base frame includes everything except the ball mount attachment. Ball mount attachments are available include combo ball, drop mount, standard, clevis, cushioned drawbar, draw bar, standard adjustable, combo with sway bar tabs, drop with sway bar tabs and pintle hitch hook ball mounts. You get 20,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 2,000 lbs tongue weight, plus 8 adjustment holes for more versatility. Instantly add air ride towing for your pickup and trailer. Shocker HD Max Black air provides the ultimate smooth ride. This shock absorbing hitch with heavy-duty air bag is the best cushioning device on the planet. The Shocker HD Max Black Air is a miniature air suspension unit mounted between your truck and trailer. This Shocker mounts by sliding into a standard receiver tube. Fits Pickup Trucks, Vans and Select SUV’s with the receiver hitch tube mounted underneath the bumper. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND.
The HD air bag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Great for pickup trucks.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning
First of the year bought one for our gooseneck and last month ended up getting a bumper hitch to use on our 20′ 14k dual axle trailer. Before it about shook you out of the seat empty and even when loaded. Used it this past weekend for the first time with @ 27# air in it and wow, didn’t even know I was pulling a trailer. Had a 8′ snow-blower on it. Wife was impressed on on it even road, being she had experienced the old way a time or two before getting the shock hitch!
I’ve had the original i bought in 2015 and this one is even better couldn’t be happier
Love my new shocker air hitch, heavy duty and makes the ride way better !