- Smoother Safer Towing – Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock. The air bag sits under receiver tube. Adjust the air pressure for the best ride and load control.
- Built in Airbag: Instant air ride towing for your pickup & trailer. Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- Sway Tab Design: Raised ball mount with welded on sway control tabs for mounting sway control arm bar(s) & mini balls such as the Shocker 17200 Friction Bar Sway Control Kit, which is not included and available separately. Suggested to get 1 kit if towing under 10,000 lbs and 2 kits if towing over 10,000 lbs. Great for camper towing with sway issues.
- 8 Adjustment Holes & Raised Ball Mount: Raised mount with sway bar tabs for 2″ rise to 2″ of drop, choose 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball.
- Safety Red Powder Coat Finish: Impact Resistant Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- 20,000 lbs Heavy Duty Capacity: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight.
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability.
- Choose Your Receiver Size: Available for 2″, 2-1/2″ and 3″ receiver hitches.
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz.
- Comes complete with Shocker HD air base frame assembly with built in HD airbag, adjustable raised ball mount (2″ or 2-5/16″ ball) with sway bar tabs, two d-handle ball mount pins.
- Note: The raised hitch sway control tab mount is designed to work with the Shocker 17200 or Reese 83660 friction sway control kit, which are not included and are available separately. Suggested to get 1 kit if towing under 10,000 lbs and 2 kits if towing over 10,000 lbs.
- 10+ Ball Mount Options (Sold Separately): Huge selection of ball mount adapters available from Pintle hooks, draw bars, drawbar, clevis, drop ball mounts, comb ball mounts and more.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy-duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver your hitch tube size.
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
- NOTE: This product will not work with a weight-distribution hitch system, if you have a w-d hitch, check out our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer.
The 20K Heavy-Duty Shocker Air Receiver Hitch with a raised ball mount comes with a 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball with 2″ of rise to 2″ Drop that has welded sway tabs. This Raised ball mount was designed to hook friction sway arms to, and help reduce trailer sway for a smooth straight pull. The Shocker Air hitch is offered with a 20,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 2,000 lbs tongue weight. The raised hitch option was designed for pulling campers with higher trailer tongues or lower than stock trucks. To help eliminate any of the unwanted sway issues this mount has welded sway bar tabs that work with the Shocker 17200 or Reese 83660 friction sway control kit as well as many others. Shocker air provides the ultimate smooth ride and the raised ball mount is often used with camper towing when your camper trailer has a higher tongue. Works great for pulling a camper or other high tongue trailers. The Shocker Air is a miniature air suspension unit mounted between your pickup truck and trailer. This Shock absorbing trailer hitch mounts by sliding into a standard receiver tube. The Shocker air with standard ball mount is great for pickups trucks, vans and select SUV’s where the receiver tube is under the bumper. This shock-absorbing hitch is a must-have for smoother trailer towing. The built-in airbag lasts for years and does a wonderful job of smoothing out your towing experience by cushioning both your tow vehicle and the trailer. The standard ball mount is black powdered coated with a bolted on chrome hitch ball for maximum strength. Have an CUV? Check out our Cushioned Ball Mounts. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND
The 20k HD air bag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the HD Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Plus the drop range is great for stock pickup trucks. Fits standard 2″, 2-1-/2″ & 3″ receivers.
Heavy Duty Air Ride Towing: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Featuring a built in height adjustment plus weight adjustable. Just add or ride air depending on the weight of your trailer and it’s contents.
Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
Provide Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The air bag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker hitches. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
Tons of Attachments: We offer a wide variety of our ball mount attachments; standard mounts, drop ball mounts, clevis mounts, drawbar mounts, cushioned drawbar mounts, pintle hook attachments, raised mounts and combo multi-ball mounts.
Note: With a 2″ receiver hitch ball, your tow weight rating is 10,000 lbs and 1,000 lbs of tongue weight.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning