- Bolt on Air Ride Hitch: Bolt on to vertical channel on your truck. Shocker Air is designed with a built-in 12,000 lbs tow rated air bag for a smoother towing experience. Featuring a built in height adjustment plus weight adjustable. Just add or reduce air depending on the weight of your trailer and it’s contents.
- Instant Air Ride for Your Trailer: Smoother safer towing. Improves your ride, reduces wear & tear on pickup & trailer.
- 12,000 lb rated towing & 1,200 lbs tongue weight capacity. (Note: For 12K tow capacity, make sure the coupler you use it rated at 12k)
- No Ball Coupler or Pintle Ring Included. This does not include the ball coupler. We recommend a demco ball coupler or a shocker pintle ring for best fit and rating.
- Quickly mounts to trailer tongue: Choose from vertical channel mount (fits 3-1/2″ wide OD / 3″ wide ID vertical channel with 2″ center on center bolt pattern & secure with 5/8″ pins or bolts) or square plate 4 bolt mount (4-1/2″ square bolt pattern)
- Air ride technology: Built-in 12k air bag for a smoother towing experience with built in height adjustment plus weight adjustable. Get a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air tongue mount absorbs the thumps and bumps.
- Just Add Air: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- Shock Absorbing Design: Built in airbag with bump cushions absorbs the road bumps, thumps & bangs on whatever road you travel.
- Kit Includes: Vertical Channel Tongue Mount Air Hitch. Does not include coupler, pintle ring or bolts to mount to vertical channel. For Vertical channel mounting, most use 5/8″ bolts that are 4-1/2″ long or 5/8″ pins.
- Vertical Channel Kit Available: Optional weld-on vertical tongue adapter available.
- NOTE: This product Will work with a weight-distribution hitch system.
- Adds Life To Your Trailer: It adds life to your trailer. By reducing wear and tear on pickups driveline and frame as well as the frame of the trailer! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations.
- Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air trailer tongue mount effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
- Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air ride products on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
- Note: The main pivot bolt, or center pivot bolt, used in the Tongue Mount Shocker air coupler, is a custom made 1 inch diameter 1045 medium carbon steel bolt. Strategically heat treated to prevent wear and includes a machined grease passage for easy lubrication and maintenance. It should be noted that the yield strength of the 1″ pivot bolt exceeds the two 5/8″ bolts used to hold the typical ball coupler on the average vertical channel adapter. This trailer upgrade does not include mounting bolts.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker air trailer tongue coupler is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory receiver hitch weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the receiver hitch that is mounted on your tow vehicle as wheel as the rating on your hitch ball and hitch ball mount.
- Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker airbag tongue mount absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Air ride your trailer in minutes. Upgrade to air ride towing with any trailer with an a-frame that has a vertical channel or 4 bolt flat mount with the Shocker 12K air trailer tongue mount. This is the lighter duty version of the Shocker 20K air trailer tongue mount but does not come with the ball coupler or pintle ring. Ideal for smaller trailers where the cargo and trailer weight will be under 12,000 lbs. Bolts to your trailer a-frame. The 12K Shocker Air trailer tongue mount features a 12,000 lb towing capacity built in airbag with bump cushions. It absorbs the road shock, creating a smoother towing experience for you, your tow vehicle, trailer and contents. Upgrade your trailer coupler with air ride technology. Instant air ride for your trailer. This air bag trailer tongue coupler is great for reducing trailer fatigue and made for trailers and pickups with stiff suspension. This trailer a-frame air ride coupler will smooth out your trailer towing experience. Plus is great if you have bumper hitch style trailer with an a-frame coupler mount. Great for bumper pull trailers. The Shocker air 12K trailer tongue airbag mount is attached to your trailer and ready for whatever truck is pulling it. Simple bolt on installation in minutes. Choose from the vertical channel or square plate mount (4-1/2″ bolt pattern and bolts into place). Shocker air provides the ultimate smooth ride. The Shocker Air is a miniature air suspension unit mounted between your truck and trailer. This Shocker mounts by sliding into a standard receiver tube. This shock absorbing trailer tongue mount coupler is a must have for easier, safer, smoother heavy-duty trailer towing and pulling.
The air bag is mounted above the trailer tongue for maximum ground clearance. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker trailer tongue coupler is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Note: Your towing capacity if only 12,000 lbs if the coupler you use it rated at 12,000 lbs. Not all ball couplers will work, we recommend using a demco coupler.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning