- Smoother Safer Towing: Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock. Add instant air ride to your pickup & trailer.
- Built in Airbag: Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- 8 Adjustment holes: For ( 4-1/2″ to 8-1/2″ of drop). Choose 2″ or 2-5/16″ ball.
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 12,000 to 20,000 lbs GTW Capacity: Original 12,000 lbs towing capacity & 1,200 lbs tongue weight. HD: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight. (can vary by mount)
- Safety Red Powder Coat Finish: Impact Resistant Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability
- 10+ Ball Options (Sold Separately): Huge selection of ball mount adapters available from Pintle hooks, draw bars, clevis, drop ball mounts, raise ball mounts, sway bar tab options and more.
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz. Have a Jeep, minivan, SUV or CUV?, check out our Cushion Ball Mounts.
- Kit includes complete Shocker air receiver hitch base frame assembly with built in air bag & dual bump cushions, drop ball mount and two d-handle ball mount hitch pins.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy-duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- NOTE: This product will not work with a weight-distribution hitch system, if you have a w-d hitch, check out our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer for WD Hitches.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver your hitch tube size.
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
Shocker air drop hitch adds instant air ride towing to your pickup and trailer. The Shocker Air Receiver Hitch with adjustable drop ball mount comes with a 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball with a 4-1/2″ to 8-1/2″ Drop. 12,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 1,200 lbs tongue weight. The built in airbag cushions the hitch and absorbing the bumps, jerks, tugs and road shock with you are towing. Shocker air with drop hitch provides the ultimate smooth ride for taller pickups. The Shocker Air is a miniature air suspension unit mounted between your truck and trailer. This Shocker mounts by sliding into a standard receiver tube. The Shocker air with drop ball mount is great for taller pickup trucks. This shock absorbing hitch is a must have for smoother trailer towing.
The air spring sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Plus the drop range is great for higher than stock pickup trucks. Fits Pickup Trucks, Vans and select SUVs with the hitch under the bumper. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
Provide Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
Choose from the Original Shocker Air and the Shocker HD. Original is rated at 12,000 lbs towing capacity and 1,200 lbs tongue weight. The Shocker HD is 20,000 lbs towing capacity and 2,000 lbs on tongue weight.
Air Ride Hitch: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Featuring a built in height adjustment plus weight adjustable. Just add air depending on the weight of your trailer and it’s contents.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The air bag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker hitches. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
Tons of Attachments: We offer a wide variety of our ball mount attachments; standard mounts, drop ball mounts, clevis mounts, drawbar mounts, cushioned drawbar mounts, pintle hook attachments, raised mounts and combo multi-ball mounts.
Note: Bolt on 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning
Flawless! I tow my X23 Mastercraft long distances and with no suspension on boat trailers this hitch takes a great deal of the pounding of rough roads out, i could feel the difference within 1/4 mile of towing.
I tow a pretty small horse trailer behind a full-size pickup, and with the Shocker Hitch on, the truck actually rides smoother and better with the trailer than it does without! I couldn’t believe the difference, and I know if it’s that much smoother of a ride for me, it’s got to be a better ride for the horse as well. Standing on four legs on a trailer is hard work, and anything I can do to make journeys easier and more comfortable for my horse is money well spent for me. Great customer service too – I emailed with a question, and within 5 minutes I had a phone call from Shocker talking me through my questions and verifying that my setup looked good. A+ product and A+ customer service!
Have been running this hitch for the past two years and will never pull another trailer without it.
Works really well. If you have the means I recommend it.
We recently purchased our second Shocker a hitch. We first purchased in 2014, this hitch has been nothing short of exceptional. Our recent and second purchase was due to an upgrading a trailer size and heavy capacity. Very pleased with the quality of both units and well worth the cost for the improved ride and reduced wear on our truck. CS has been more than helpful in both purchases and lightning quick shipping.
My hitch is pretty trick. I have had every hitch type made in the usa, and a few from Canada and Europe. This air system type hitch I purchased is my favorite. I will be purchasing another.
Great receiver. Quietest hitch I have every used, because of the airbag it has a tight fit (no clunks or rattles). The airbag cushions the link between truck and trailer. I tow a 17 ft horse trailer that empty weights 4000 lbs. It is also tongue heavy at 1000 lbs when empty. The hitch dampens the bounce I get when towing the empty trailer. When the horses are loaded the trailer weights in around 6500 lbs and is better balanced. The hitch continues to smooth the ride. The horses seem to be more relaxed after a trip in the trailer now.
Great product. So much smoother towing.
very well made and works well
I hooked it up to my trailer and pulled it for about 50 miles . I couldn’t believe the difference in the smooth pulling. I’ve trailered a lot of miles and i wish i bought the Shocker along time ago. Im ordering a gooseneck shockerASAP. TONY R