- Smoother Safer Towing: Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock. Add instant air ride to your pickup & trailer.
- Built in Airbag: Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- Sway Bar Tab Drop Ball Mount: Sway control drop ball mount with 2 sway control tabs for mounting the basic sway control arm bar(s) & mini balls (such as the Shocker 17200 friction sway control kit or Reese 83660 Sway Kit)
- 8 Adjustment holes: Adjustable height for drop ball mount ( 4-1/2″ to 8-1/2″ of drop). Choose 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball.
- Safety Red Powder Coat Finish: Impact Resistant Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- 12,000 to 20,000 lbs GTW Capacity: Original 12,000 lbs towing capacity & 1,200 lbs tongue weight. HD: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight. (can vary by mount)
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability.
- Kit includes complete Shocker air receiver hitch base frame assembly with built in air bag & dual bump cushions, drop ball mount with sway bar tabs and two d-handle ball mount hitch pins. (Sway bars kit sold separately)
- 10+ Ball Mount Options: Huge selection of ball mount adapters available from Pintle hooks, draw bars, drawbar, clevis, drop ball mounts, raise ball mounts and more (sold separately).
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz. If you have a SUV or CUV check out our Cushion Hitches.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. Bolt on 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver your hitch tube size.
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
- NOTE: This product will not work with a weight-distribution hitch system, if you have a w-d hitch, check out our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer.
Shocker air drop hitch with tabs for sway control bars. This Shocker air receiver hitch adds instant air ride towing to your pickup and trailer. The drop ball mount has sway bar tabs on both sides for basic friction sway control arm bars with the mini hitch ball. The Shocker airbag receiver hitch with adjustable drop ball mount with sway bar tabs comes with a 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball with a 4-1/2″ to 8-1/2″ Drop. Choose 12,000 lbs to tow rating capacity and 1,200 lbstongue weight. The built in airbag cushions the hitch and absorbing the bumps, jerks, tugs and road shock with you are towing. Shocker air with drop hitch provides the ultimate smooth ride for taller pickups. The Shocker Air is a miniature air suspension unit mounted between your truck and trailer. This Shocker mounts by sliding into a standard receiver tube. The Shocker air with drop ball mount is great for taller than stock or pickup trucks with levelling or lift kits. This shock absorbing hitch is a must have for smoother trailer towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND.
The air bag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Plus the drop range is great for higher than stock pickup trucks.
Note: The sway control tab mount is designed to work with the Shocker 17200 Friction Sway control kit or Reese 83660 friction sway control kit, which are not included and are available separately. Suggested to get 1 kit if towing under 10,000 lbs and 2 kits if towing over 10,000 lbs.
This works on pickups, vans and suv’s that have the receiver tube below the bumper. If you have a CUV, check out our Shocker Cushion Ball Mounts
Choose from the Original Shocker Air and the Shocker HD. Original is rated at 12,000 lbs towing capacity and 1,200 lbs tongue weight. The Shocker HD is 20,000 lbs towing capacity and 2,000 lbs on tongue weight.
Air Ride Technology: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Featuring a built in height adjustment plus weight adjustable. Just add air depending on the weight of your trailer and it’s contents.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
Provide Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The air bag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle: By reducing wear and tear on drive line and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker hitches. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
Tons of Attachments: We offer a wide variety of our ball mount attachments; standard mounts, drop ball mounts, clevis mounts, drawbar mounts, cushioned drawbar mounts, pintle hook attachments, raised mounts and combo multi-ball mounts.
Note: With a 2″ receiver hitch ball, your tow weight rating is 10,000 lbs and 1,000 lbs of tongue weight.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning