- Smoother safer towing. Improves your ride, reduces wear & tear on pickup & trailer
- Air ride technology: Built in air bag, cushions the ride & absorbing the road shock
- Comes with Adjustable drop ball mount, choose 2″ or 2 5/16″ hitch ball
- Adjustable height for drop ball mount ( 4-1/2″ to 8-1/2″ of drop)
- Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- Available for 2″, 2-1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitches
- Sway control drop ball mount with 2 sway control tabs for mounting the basic sway control arm bar(s) & mini balls (such as the Shocker 17200 friction sway control kit or Reese 83660 Sway Kit)
- Choose 12,000 lb or 16,000 lb rated towing capacity & 1,200/1,600 lb tongue wt
- Great for taller or lifted pickup trucks including GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier and Honda Ridgeline.
- Comes with complete with shocker air base frame assembly with built in airbag, drop ball mount with hitch ball and 2 sway bar tabs along with 2 d-handle ball mount pins with clips.
- Huge selection of ball mount adapters available from Pintle hooks, draw bars, drop ball mounts, raise ball mounts and more.
- Note: The sway control tab mount is designed to work with the Shocker 17200 Sway Kit or Reese 83660 friction sway control kit, which are not included and available separately. Suggested to get 1 kit if towing under 10,000 lbs and 2 kits if towing over 10,000 lbs.
- Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. How to measure receiver hitch tube size?
Shocker air drop hitch with tabs for sway control bars. This Shocker air receiver hitch adds instant air ride towing to your pickup and trailer. The drop ball mount has sway bar tabs on both sides for basic friction sway control arm bars with the mini hitch ball. The Shocker airbag receiver hitch with adjustable drop ball mount with sway bar tabs comes with a 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball with a 4-1/2″ to 8-1/2″ Drop. Choose 12,000 lbs to 16,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 1,200 lbs to 1,600 lbs tongue weight. The built in airbag cushions the hitch and absorbing the bumps, jerks, tugs and road shock with you are towing. Shocker air with drop hitch provides the ultimate smooth ride for taller pickups. The Shocker Air is a miniature air suspension unit mounted between your truck and trailer. This Shocker mounts by sliding into a standard receiver tube. The Shocker air with drop ball mount is great for taller than stock or pickup trucks with levelling or lift kits. This shock absorbing hitch is a must have for smoother trailer towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND.
The air bag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Plus the drop range is great for higher than stock pickup trucks.
Note: The sway control tab mount is designed to work with the Shocker 17200 Friction Sway control kit or Reese 83660 friction sway control kit, which are not included and are available separately. Suggested to get 1 kit if towing under 10,000 lbs and 2 kits if towing over 10,000 lbs.
This works on pickups, vans and suv’s that have the receiver tube below the bumper. If you have a CUV, check out our Shocker Cushion Ball Mounts
Choose from the Original Shocker Air and the Shocker HD. Original is rated at 12,000 lbs towing capacity and 1,200 lbs tongue weight. The Shocker HD is 16,000 lbs towing capacity and 1,600 lbs on tongue weight.
Air Ride Technology: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Featuring a built in height adjustment plus weight adjustable. Just add air depending on the weight of your trailer and it’s contents.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
Provide Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The air bag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle: By reducing wear and tear on drive line and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker hitches. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
Tons of Attachments: We offer a wide variety of our ball mount attachments; standard mounts, drop ball mounts, clevis mounts, drawbar mounts, cushioned drawbar mounts, pintle hook attachments, raised mounts and combo multi-ball mounts.
Note: With a 2″ receiver hitch ball, your tow weight rating is 10,000 lbs and 1,000 lbs of tongue weight.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning