View our installation instructions for installing the 5th wheel to goose pin box, installing the Gooseneck air hitch & coupler along with setting your air pressure.
When used & set up properly the Gooseneck surge air hitch will make noticeable improvements in your gooseneck trailer towing quality. Giving both truck and 5th wheel camper trailer a smoother ride with less trailer fatigue and breakage.
We want you to have the best possible towing experience with your product and proper installation is important. If you need help, we are here for you. Just give us a call at 701-707-2666 or use our contact us form. You can also look up the item’s product page on our website and view the installation tab. Most products on our website have a set-up guide and installation video.
Installing Shocker QuickAir 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Air Hitch Video
Shocker 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Air Pressure Settings
Download QuickAir 5th Wheel to Goose Surge Installation Manuals
- QuickAir 5th to Goose Conversion Installation Instructions
- Flatbed Recessed Gooseneck Ball Fitment Guide
Maximum weights for Shocker QuickAir 5th to Goose Air Kit: Towing capacity = 24,000 lbs Tongue = 6,000 lbs for 2-5/16″ Ball. Patent #’s 11,370,257 B1 & D898,628.
Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy-duty unit, however, it is imperative that any weight capacity ratings are not exceeded on the ball that is mounted on your tow vehicle, or the Shocker Hitch. Use only a 2 5/16″ dia. Ball. V-19 rated. Do not exceed G.V.W.R. of ball being used.
This gooseneck hitch has a shorter stem than a normal gooseneck and is designed to be
used with the Shocker Replacement Goose Box for 5th Wheel Campers only. This gooseneck air
hitch cannot be used on a normal gooseneck trailer as the inner tube steel is too short for that
1. Remove your existing king pin box and install the Replacement Goose Box (SH-RVGC-4405 or SH-RVGC-4410)
in the same location on your camper.
2. TORQUE PIN BOX FASTENERS TO 120 FT POUNDS.
3. Slide Gooseneck Shockerhitch stem into Goose Box sleeve with air bag toward rear of trailer. Align and install 3/4″ x 5″ thru pin with keeper. Tighten 1⁄2″ x 1″ Set Bolt on back of down tube.
4. Test fit camper to truck, verify installed height will allow camper to ride level – Apply grease to trailer ball and or shift lock coupler ball socket. Hook up trailer by shifting the lever back and lowering coupler onto the ball. Pull shift lever forward and align the locking hole – insert pin.
5. To adjust trailer ride height simply loosen the 1⁄2″ x 1″ set bolt in the back of the down tube. Remove the 3/4″ x 5″ thru pin with keeper. Move Shocker Gooseneck Surge hitch to desired position, reinstall bent pin with keeper and tighten set bolt.
6. Routine Lubrication Maintenance should include: Oil the coupler shifting fork shafts, grease the coupling ball socket, and grease the hitch ball to REDUCE WEAR AND IMPROVE SHOCKER ACTION. Main pivot grease zerk should be greased periodically for maximum bushing life. ( Simply, you cannot over grease it! )
Gooseneck Air Pressure Settings
- This is a LOW PRESSURE hitch, that works by tow resistance.
- Set air pressure at approx. 15 psi, then test drive.
- Increase pressure in 5 psi increments until optimum results are found.
- Typical air pressure range is 15-25 psi.
- Do NOT EXCEED 100 psi
Note: When towing heavy trailers or trailers with high wind resistance it may be necessary to increase air pressure in the Shocker.
We’re here to help. Contact Us
Shocker 40K Gooseneck Surge Air Hitch with King PinProduct on saleFrom: $1,349.99$1,399.99
Shocker QuickAir 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Air Hitch & Coupler Conversion KitProduct on saleFrom: $1,499.99$1,579.99
Shocker 30K Gooseneck Surge Air Hitch with King PinProduct on saleFrom: $1,299.99$1,329.99
Shocker 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Safety Chain KitProduct on saleFrom: $139.49$179.99
Shocker Quick Air Gooseneck Hitch & Coupler for 5th Wheel Gooseneck Pin BoxProduct on saleFrom: $949.99
Shocker QuickAir 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Pin Box Replacement OnlyProduct on saleFrom: $549.99
Shocker Gooseneck Chain Kit Mounting Brackets for Gooseneck Pin BoxProduct on saleFrom: $62.99$79.99