- Smoother Safer Towing: Improves your ride, reduces wear & tear on pickup & Kiefer gooseneck trailer
- Easy Install: Completely replaces your factory gooseneck stem & coupler with Gooseneck Surge Air System & Coupler. Installs in Minutes.
- Absorbs Road Shock: Helps eliminate tugs, jerks & bumps felt when towing on rough roads or concrete highways.
- 30,000 lbs & 7,000 lbs tongue weight: 30k dual latching Shift Lock gooseneck coupler for 2-5/16″ ball. (6,000 lbs tongue weight on 9″ offset)
- Built in Airbag: This hitch directs the tow resistance through an airbag, producing a smooth ride.
- Air Ride Technology: Protects your truck, gooseneck trailer and the contents with a smoother, safer tow. Heavy loads, just add air.
- Custom Fit: Has 3 height adjustment holes & fits 4″ Round Stem Kiefer livestock & horse gooseneck trailers. Not sure what size round gooseneck stem you have? Check out our gooseneck stem selection guide.
- Fits 2-5/16″ gooseneck hitch balls: & has 3 height adjustment holes. (Standard Shift Lock™ coupler extends 3″ forward from your factory coupler or choose 9″ extension for short bed pickups)
- Includes complete Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch with built in airbag, replacement inner tube stem & 30,000 lb Shift Lock™ gooseneck coupler for 2-5/16″ ball.
- Don’t have this trailer? Click this link to Find Your Gooseneck Surge Air Hitches by Trailer Mfg
The Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch & coupler is the ultimate in smooth towing for Kiefer gooseneck trailers. Works for Kiefer horse and livestock trailers with gooseneck and cushions your towing. This shock absorbing gooseneck hitch features a 30,000 lb patented Shift Lock™ coupler for 2-5/16″ hitch ball. Absorb the road shock and upgrade your and Kiefer gooseneck trailer. The Gooseneck Surge air hitch is the only air ride hitch to exclusively work in a forward and back motion, which is often times this is the biggest jerk you feel when towing gooseneck trailers. Whether you are an occasionally tow with a gooseneck or a hotshot, this shock absorbing air ride hitch for a Kiefer gooseneck trailer directs the bumps, bangs and rattles through the built in airbag, creating a smoother and safer towing experience for you, your pickup, trailer and its’ contents. Completely replaces your factory stem & coupler with the Gooseneck Surge Air system & coupler. Installs in minutes. This coupler also extends 3″ forward from where you factory coupler is located. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch®
Note: Kiefer gooseneck trailers have 4″ round stems. The Shocker gooseneck surge air hitch & coupler attaches easily to your trailer in minutes and features 3 height adjustment holes and slotted / angled holes for the pin. Not sure what size round gooseneck stem you have? Check out our gooseneck stem selection guide.
Adjustable for Tow Weight: The air bag sits behind your gooseneck hitch and out of the way. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. View our Shocker Air Pressure tuning guide.
Shift Lock™ Coupler: 30,000 lbs rated, patented gooseneck coupler. The only gooseneck coupler that captures ball on both sides. At a glance, you can see if the coupler is locked on the ball. Easy to use handle to hook up and disconnect the coupler from the ball.
Saves Fuel: By using a gooseneck surge hitch, you may save as much as one mile per gallon. When we developed the surge hitch our intention was to give a smoother ride, period. We perfected that and never considered the other benefits. Customers using the Surge hitch started calling with reports of better fuel mileage. Claims of up to a mile per gallon are pretty normal.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle & Gooseneck: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations.
Air Ride Hitch Technology: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Just add air depending on the weight of your gooseneck trailer and it’s contents.
Simple Pivot Design: Uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a front and back motion, much different than other cushion hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for parallel linkages, shock absorbers, torsion arms and other over engineered gadgets.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The Gooseneck surge air hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Provides Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps, bumps and jerks you feel when towing your gooseneck trailer from Keifer.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning