- Smoother Safer Towing: Improves your ride, reduces wear & tear on pickup & Bravo gooseneck trailer. The cure for choppy, bouncy, buckled, rough & busted up roads. No more booms, bangs and jerks when towing with your gooseneck.
- Easy Install: Completely replaces your factory gooseneck stem & coupler with Gooseneck Surge Air System & Coupler. Installs in Minutes.
- Absorbs Road Shock: Helps eliminate tugs, jerks & bumps felt when towing on rough roads or concrete highways.
- 30,000 lbs & 7,000 lbs tongue weight: 30k dual latching Shift Lock gooseneck coupler for 2-5/16″ ball. (6,000 lbs tongue weight on 9″ offset)
- Built in Airbag: This hitch directs the tow resistance through an airbag, producing a smooth ride.
- Air Ride Technology: Protects your truck, gooseneck trailer and the contents with a smoother, safer tow. Heavy loads, just add air.
- Custom Fit: Replaces 100mm (3-15/16″) Round Stem on Top Hat gooseneck trailers. Not sure what size round gooseneck stem you have? Check out our gooseneck stem selection guide.
- Fits 2-5/16″ gooseneck hitch balls: & has 3 height adjustment holes. (Standard Shift Lock™ coupler extends 3″ forward from your factory coupler or choose 9″ extension for short bed pickups)
- Includes complete Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch with built in airbag, replacement inner tube stem & 30,000 lb Shift Lock™ gooseneck coupler for 2-5/16″ ball.
- Don’t have this trailer? Click this link to Find Your Gooseneck Surge Air Hitches by Trailer Mfg
Round Tube Pin & Sizing Guide
The Shocker gooseneck surge air hitch is the ultimate in smooth towing for your Top Hat gooseneck trailer. This Shock Absorbing air cushion hitch works on Top Hat gooseneck, dump, flatbed & cattle trailers with gooseneck. Featuring a 30,000 lb coupler for 2-5/16″ hitch ball and fits the Top Hat gooseneck trailers with a 100mm (3-15/16″ round stem). The Gooseneck Surge air hitch is the only air ride hitch to exclusively work in a forward and back motion, which is often times this is the biggest jerk you feel when towing gooseneck trailers. Whether you are an occasionally tow with a gooseneck or a hotshot, this shock absorbing hitch for a Top Hat gooseneck flat deck trailer is made for smooth and safe towing. Works great on gooseneck style flatbed trailers from Top hat Trailers. Completely replaces your Top Hat gooseneck factory stem & coupler with the Gooseneck Surge Air system & coupler. Installs in minutes. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch®
Note: Top Hat gooseneck trailers have round stems that are 100mm / 3-15/16 inch. The Shocker gooseneck surge air hitch completely replaces your factory stem and coupler in minutes. Replacement stem has 3 adjustment holes and the coupler extends 3″ forward from factory location or you can also order it 9″ forward for short bed pickup trucks. Not sure what size round gooseneck stem you have? Check out our gooseneck stem selection guide.
Adjustable for Tow Weight: The air bag sits behind your gooseneck hitch and out of the way. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control.
Saves Fuel: By using a gooseneck surge hitch, you may save as much as one mile per gallon. When we developed the surge hitch our intention was to give a smoother ride, period. We perfected that and never considered the other benefits. Customers using the Surge hitch started calling with reports of better fuel mileage. Claims of up to a mile per gallon are pretty normal.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle & Gooseneck: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations.
Air Ride Hitch Technology: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Just add air depending on the weight of your gooseneck trailer and it’s contents.
Simple Pivot Design: Uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a front and back motion, much different than other cushion hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for parallel linkages, shock absorbers, torsion arms and other over engineered gadgets.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The Gooseneck surge air hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Provides Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps, bumps and jerks you feel when towing your gooseneck trailer.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning