- Don’t Have this Trailer? Click this link to Find Your Gooseneck Air Hitches by Trailer Mfg
- Smoother safer towing. Improves your ride, reduces wear & tear on pickup & Elite gooseneck horse trailer. (Doesn’t fit Elite dump / flatbed trailers.)
- Easy Install: Completely replaces your factory gooseneck stem & coupler with Gooseneck Surge Air System & Coupler. Installs in Minutes.
- Absorbs Road Shock: Helps eliminate tugs, jerks & bumps felt when towing on rough roads or concrete highways.
- Built in Airbag: This hitch directs the tow resistance through an airbag, producing a smooth ride.
- Air Ride Technology: Protects your truck, gooseneck trailer and the contents with a smoother, safer tow. Heavy loads, just add air.
- Custom Fit: Available for 4″ Round Gooseneck Stems on Elite Gooseneck Horse Trailers
- 30,000 lbs & 6,000 lbs tongue weight: Available with 30k dual latching Shift Lock gooseneck coupler.
- Fits 2-5/16″ gooseneck hitch balls: & has 3 height adjustment holes. (Standard coupler extends 3″ forward from your factory coupler or choose 9″ extension for short bed pickups)
- Complete System: Includes complete replacement inner gooseneck stem, surge air hitch system & 30k coupler.
- Click this link to Order Your Gooseneck Surge Air Hitches by Trailer Mfg
The Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch & coupler is the ultimate in gooseneck horse trailer towing for your Elite gooseneck horse trailer. This gooseneck air hitch & coupler doesn’t fit Elite dump / flatbed trailers. Featuring a 24K bulldog coupler or the new 30K patent pending Shift Lock™ for a 2-5/16″ hitch ball. Fits the Elite gooseneck horse trailers with a 4″ round stem. A Elite gooseneck trailer with the round stem has set bolts for 15 degree pin angle. The Gooseneck Surge air hitch is the only air ride hitch to exclusively work in a forward and back motion, which is often times this is the biggest jerk you feel when towing gooseneck trailers. The shock absorbing hitch for a Elite gooseneck horse trailer is made for smooth and safe towing on your pickup, trailer and horses. Works great on gooseneck style horse trailers made by Elite. Bult in airbag cushions ride and create smoother towing. Completely replaces your factory gooseneck stem & coupler with the Gooseneck Surge Air system & coupler. Installs in minutes.
Note: Fits Elite gooseneck horse trailers we a 4″ round gooseneck stem and has slotted / angled holes for the pin. The Shocker gooseneck surge air hitch attaches easily to your trailer. Replacement gooseneck stem has 3 height adjustment holes and the coupler extends 3″ forward from factory coupler location or you can also order it with a 9″ forward extension coupler for short bed pickup trucks.
Air Ride Hitch Technology: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Just add air depending on the weight of your Elite trailer and its’ contents.
Simple Pivot Design: Uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a front and back motion, much different than other cushion hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for parallel linkages, shock absorbers, torsion arms and other over engineered gadgets.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The Gooseneck surge air hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Provides Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps, bumps and jerks you feel when towing your gooseneck trailer from Elite.
Adjustable for Tow Weight: The air bag sits behind your gooseneck hitch and out of the way. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. View our Shocker Air Pressure tuning guide.
Shift Lock Coupler: 30,000 lbs rated, patent pending gooseneck coupler. The only gooseneck coupler that captures ball on both sides. At a glance, you can see if the coupler is locked on the ball. Easy to use handle to hook up and disconnect the coupler from the ball.
Saves Fuel: By using a gooseneck Surge Hitch, you may save as much as one mile per gallon. When we developed the Surge Hitch our intention was to give a smoother ride, period. We perfected that and never considered the other benefits. Customers using the Surge hitch started calling with reports of better fuel mileage. Claims of up to a mile per gallon are pretty normal. The question is why? Trucks manufactured over the past ten years or more have a very sophisticated on board computer. The computer senses a jerk or load increase and gives the engine more fuel. This process happens many times in a second. By reducing the jerks, the computer will give the engine less fuel. The other contributing factor is cruise control. If your trailer bucks the cruise control will increase speed. When the buck stops, the cruise control reduces speed. This sets up a cycle of accelerating and decelerating, again using more fuel. A Shocker Surge Hitch can reduce this effect and give you a much smoother ride.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle & Gooseneck: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, your passengers and your horse to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker gooseneck hitches on your Elite gooseneck. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
Gooseneck Surge Air Hitch Videos
Gooseneck Shift Lock Coupler Video