- Smoother Safer Towing – Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock.
- 8 Adjustment holes – 4-1/2″ to 8-1/2″ of drop – Depends on mount chosen.
- Matte Black Finish: Max Black™ Textured Matte Black Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- Built in Sway Tabs: Comes with an Adjustable sway bar tab drop ball mount, choose 2″ or 2 5/16″ hitch ball
- Heavy Duty Capacity: 16,000 lb rated towing capacity & 1,600 lb tongue wt.
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- Built in HD Airbag: Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability
- Tons of Ball Mount Options: Huge selection of ball mount adapters available from Pintle hooks, draw bars, drawbar, clevis, drop ball mounts, raise ball mounts and more.
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz.
- Kit includes complete Shocker HD Max Black receiver hitch base frame assembly with built in 16K air bag & dual bump cushions, drop ball mount with sway bar tabs, hitch ball you choose and two d-handle ball mount hitch pins.
- Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. How to measure receiver hitch tube size?
- Note: The sway control tab mount is designed to work with the Shocker 17200 or Reese 83660 friction sway control kit, which are not included and are available separately. Suggested to get 1 kit if towing under 10,000 lbs and 2 kits if towing over 10,000 lbs.
This Shocker HD Max Black air drop hitch with and adjust drop ball mount with welded sway control tabs for mounting friction sway control bars. This air ride hitch system is great for taller than stock pickup trucks towing trailers, especially if there is a sway issue with the trailer. This Shocker HD Max Black drop air hitch comes with a impact resistant durable matte black powder-coat frame for years of great look. But most importantly this HD air hitch adds instant air ride towing to your pickup and trailer. It absorbs the bumps and rock shock while your towing. It’s heavy-duty with 16,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 1,600 lbs tongue weight. The built-in HD air spring airbag cushions the hitch and absorbs the bumps, jerks, tugs and road shock with you are towing. The built in HD airbag with dual bump cushion pivoting design create was way smoother towing than a solid ball mount. The drop ball mount has sway bar tabs welded on both sides for basic friction sway control arm bars with the mini hitch ball. The Shocker heavy-duty max black hitch is really a mini air suspension towing receiver hitch and the adjustable drop ball mount with sway bar tabs comes with a 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball and offers 4-1/2″ to 8-1/2″ Drop. Shocker air with drop hitch provides the ultimate smooth ride for taller pickups that have leveling or lift kits installed or if you are towing a camper with a taller tongue. The Shocker HD Air is a miniature air suspension unit mounted between your truck and trailer. This Shocker mounts by sliding into a standard receiver tube. This shock absorbing hitch is a must-have for smoother trailer towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. Available for 2″, 2-1/2″ & 3″ receivers.
The HD airbag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between the mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for the best ride and load control. Plus the drop range is great for higher than stock pickup trucks.
Note: The sway control tab mount is designed to work with the Shocker 17200 Friction Sway control kit or Reese 83660 friction sway control kit, which are not included and available separately. Suggested to get 1 kit if towing under 10,000 lbs and 2 kits if towing over 10,000 lbs.
This works on pickups, vans, and SUV’s that have the receiver tube below the bumper. If you have a CUV, check out our Shocker Cushion Ball Mounts
Air Ride Technology: Shocker HD Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Featuring a built-in height adjustment plus weight adjustable. Just add air depending on the weight of your trailer and its contents.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging, and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
Provide Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The airbag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long-term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker hitches. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
Tons of Attachments: We offer a wide variety of our ball mount attachments; standard mounts, drop ball mounts, clevis mounts, drawbar mounts, cushioned drawbar mounts, pintle hook attachments, raised mounts, and combo multi-ball mounts.
Note: With a 2″ receiver hitch ball, your tow weight rating is 10,000 lbs and 1,000 lbs of tongue weight.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning